發新話題 Report thanks

[問題討論] How many cardholders will divide the DBS black card 2M miles?

Anyone want to guess?

There are 12M cards in issue in HK at end of 2008 http://www.kpmg.com.hk/en ... nts.pdf#page=19

There’re 25 card issuers listed on this website.Assuming no duplicates (incorrect assumption but should be more conservative than reality),each issuer (including DBS)has around 480K cardholders each.

DBS has about 16 card types.Assuming no duplicates again,that means 30K cardholders per card type (including DBS Black Card).

If 30,000 cardholders divided 2,000,000 miles,my guess is that each cardholder will receive only ***67***miles.

Any other guesses,anyone?
如果您喜歡這篇文章,請按「讚」或分享給您的朋友,以示鼓勵。

I guess each of us get less than 100 miles

回覆1# percysmith 的帖子

(I thought I got 5,000 Miles for 5 shares on 23 Dec,but it turns out to be a different,simultaneous DBS promotion - see below)

[ 本帖最後由 percysmith 於 2010-1-7 23:19 編輯 ]

oh....i get 2000 miles

回覆3# percysmith 的帖子

Oh dear.I made a call to DBS CS to clarify after comments in hongkongcard.com:

Yes,the 2M division promotion has not been awarded yet.

My 5,000 miles came from another promotion that I've "simultaneusly registered for"with the 2M division promotion (per CS).

The promotion was for 5,000 miles (awarded in the form of 60,000 points)if I managed to meet my spending target ($20,800 in my case)between 8 July 2009 and 31 August 2009.

This is the same promotion period as the 2M division.The first CS I called only identified the 5,000 Flying Miles promotion by the promotion period,leading me to mistake one for the other.

The thing that bothered me is,I never remembered signing up for the 5,000 Flying Miles promotion and was never informed of the $20,800 spending target when I was signing up for the 2M division promotion or otherwise.

I have the 2M division signing up registration details printout and T&C - it doesn't mention the 5,000 Flying Miles.I went through every piece of paper in my DBS file and it wasn't there either.

Although I'm glad for the windfall (and also that I don't live a jurisidiction that has windfall tax),I'm a bit distressed my filing system has missed this!

[ 本帖最後由 percysmith 於 2010-1-7 23:24 編輯 ]

thanks